ELECTRICAL PROBE SYSTEMS
LIQUID CRYSTAL SYSTEMS
High precision temperature controller
Programmable heating/ cooling rates
4 calibration tables
8 sets of PID parameters
Supports remote control via SCPI over Virtual Com Port (VCP)
Sample program code available in multiple programming languages (C#, LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python)
The mK2000 Precision Temperature Controller was designed from the ground up to serve as the foundation for nearly every temperature control product from Instec. The result of over 40 years of design iteration, the mK2000 offers features and solutions for every application.
Use the mK2000 to:
- Control up to 4 Process Variables via PID control, and monitor up to 8 temperature sensors at once.
- Automate test procedures using the Temperature Profile menu.
- Output Process Variable data as analog voltage.
- Utilize GPIO output pins to control other Instec Equipment, or other Lab/ Research equipment.
- Record and plot PV data using the free InstecApp Companion software
- Much More...
The modular design of the mK2000 allows the controller to be optimized for each unique application, reducing consumer cost and ensuring reliable system preformance.
Develop custom applications with incredible ease using our library of customized SCPI (Standard Commands for Programmable instruments) commands, example software suites, and supplementary programming support.
The new mK2000B Model adds full-color touchscreen options, increased processing power, Ethernet (IP) communication, and even more customization options.
• Supports 4 independent calibration tables with up to 20 reference points in each table
• Programmable precision temperature control with PID algorithm for achieving precise target temperatures with minimal overshooting
• Programmable heating/cooling rates for precise temperature ramping
• 24 bit analog to digital converter
• Independently tunable PID algorithm for heating and cooling respectivley
• Programmable user-defined temperature profiles for automating test procedures
• Store up to five temperature profiles on the mK2000's internal memory
• Built-in over-temperature protection
• User-friendly InstecApp software unlocks the full capabilities of the mK2000, including temperature vs time plots and data recording
• Easily integrate the mK2000 into your own custom software solution using our sample source code (MATLAB, LabVIEW, C#, Python)
• Optional expansion options include additional PID outputs, sensors, analog output and more!
• CE marked, UL/ NTRL limited production certification available upon request
Temperature sensor options/resolutions
± 0.001°C with thermistor
±0.01°C with 100 Ω Platinum RTD
± 0.1°C with thermocouple
±0.01°C (depending on heating stage)
Minimum heating and cooling rate
±0.1°C per hour
Maximum heating rate
Up to +200°C per minute at 100°C
Host Interface Options
Virtual COM Port (VCP) via USB 2.0
Optional LVDC for low EMI applications
Use the Temperature Profile tool to automate complicated or repetitive test procedures. Issue a HOLD command to reach a given temperature as fast as possible, then maintain that temperature. Use a RAMP command to increase or decrease the stage/plate/chuck temperature according to an arbitrary rate, specified in degrees C per Minute. Combine these commands with WAIT, LOOP and STOP commands to create unique profiles that automate test procedures and save time.
Every mK2000 controller comes with a standard 1-year warranty that protects against defects. Should your controller malfunction during the warranty period due to any defect in workmanship or material, Instec will repair or replace it at no additional charge, provided the controller has not sustained substantial abuse, misuse or unauthorized alterations. This warranty can be extended up to 3 years.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org any time after purchase for technical support including but not limited to;
- Remote diagnostics
- Software or Hardware operation
- Experimental design
- Limited programming support*
*Dedicated programming support is available for a small additional fee on an hourly basis.
Instec offers calibration services to ensure your mK2000 is operating at peak performance over its lifespan. Contact email@example.com to book a calibration appointment after a free consultation.